I love flowers and flower arranging. At least once a week I go out into the yard and pick what ever is in bloom. In the spring I have peonies and early roses; in the summer hydrangeas and roses continue to bloom; and in the fall the dahlias are prolific (even though I only seem to have orange...). When the flowers are abundant (most of the time) I deliver bouquets to my girlfriends around town in what has become an almost weekly delivery.
Flowers are the ultimate (cheap, legal, and safe) mood lifer. I highly recommend it. If you live in Boston, you and your girlfriends can go to a flower arranging class at Alice's Table. If you aren't in Boston, no worries because they have just launched a new platform where you can host your own flower events! Click here for more information.
Flowers are often seen as an indulgence for parties or weekend entertaining - so I asked Alice's Table to share with us an arrangement you can easily make on the weeknight. With just a few flowers and a few minutes, this gorgeous arrangement makes your weeknight dinner an occasion!
- 3 Miniature Green Hydrangeas
- 2 White Gerbera Daisies
- 5 White Tulips
- 3 White Lilies
- 3 Sahara Spray Roses
- White Wax Flower
- Hold your hydrangeas together to create the base of your arrangement.
- Add in your spray roses and tulips to create more volume.
- Choose the focal points in your bouquet and thread through your stems of gerbera daises and lilies.
- Collar your arrangement with wax flower.
- Tie it all together using floral wire, and trim your stems to the appropriate height.
Thanks to Alice's Table for sharing the arrangement!